(see bottom of page for loan information)
The following is a summary of rate schedules for the member classifications at Lake Country Power. All rate schedules are effective September 1, 2012 through 2013.
Residential and seasonal members are billed monthly. For more information about power costs, please visit the frequently asked questions page.
|Facilities Charge||Energy Charge|
|$42.00 / monthly||
6.0 cents per kWh (Shoulder rate: March - May & Sept. - Nov.)
7.0 cents per kWh (Winter rate: December - February)
8.0 cents per kWh (Summer rate: June - August)
These rates do not reflect wholesale power cost adjustments from our supplier (Great River Energy) that can add to monthly energy costs. The estimated 2013 cost rider (WPCR) for general service rates is 3.352 cents per kilowatt-hour of energy used. This can be reduced by practicing energy conservation within your household.
Load Management Program Rate Schedules
EnergyWise programs help you save money on your heating, cooling and water heating costs while also providing you with the safest and most convenient way to heat and cool your home or business.
For more information, contact a Member Service Representative or visit the "energy programs" section on this website. Our MSRs are happy to explain these programs with you and will be able to assist you in developing the most energy efficient and cost effective heating and cooling system to fit your needs. Be sure to ask about available financing options and rebates. Following is a summary of the 2013 special rates offered on these programs.
Energy Wise® Rates (click here for PDF file)
- Off Peak Heating: 4.6 cents per kWh
- Off Peak Water Heating: 4.6 cents per kWh
- 8-Hour Interruptible Water Heating: 5.7 cents per kWh
- Dual Fuel: 5.7 cents per kWh
- Cycled Air Conditioning: 5.7 cents per kWh
- Air Source Heat Pump: 5.7 cents per kWh
Switch to LED Holiday Lighting and save energy.
REBATES AVAILABLE IN 2013: (Click here for PDF file)
Click and print the rebate form you need below
Please read the details on the forms carefully to ensure your paperwork is complete and then submit to one of Lake Country Power's member service representatives. If you cannot open the file you need, please call a member service representative toll-free at 1-800-421-9959.
- Rebate form: Refrigerator and Freezer
- Rebate form: Ground Source Heat Pump
- Rebate form: CFL (compact fluorescent lights) and LED holiday lighting
- Rebate form: ECM (electronically commutated motor) for residential HVAC
- Rebate form: Heat Pumps
LOAN INFORMATION: Low or no interest loans available on upgrades
Are you planning some upgrades for your home, but need help with financing?
Lake Country Power has partnered with the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) to offer co-op members low or zero percent interest loans for qualifying energy-efficient equipment upgrades. The goal of the program is to provide a simple, affordable financing opportunity for homeowners to increase the energy efficiency of their home.
The program features zero percent and 2.99 percent interest loans for up to $7,500 and $25,000, respectively, for the following equipment projects*:
- Ground source heat pumps that meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® Tier 1 energy efficiency requirements.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified air-source heat pumps (including mini-split ductless).
- Electric thermal storage (ETS) space heating systems capable of providing up to 100 percent of the home’s heating requirements by using stored heat produced from electricity during a nightly, off-peak period.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified heat pump water heaters
- ETS water heating systems with an energy factor (EF) of 0.90 or greater and a storage capacity of at least 80 gallons.
* System restrictions and additional qualifications apply. Please contact Lake Country Power's member service department for more information.
- Dwelling must be a residential, one-unit, owner-occupied property (system restrictions and additional qualifications may apply)
- Member must be in good standing with Lake Country Power
- Loans must be secured via a mortgage against the property not to exceed $25,000 or up to 100 percent of the property value
- No family income limits apply
Simple Loan Process
- Loan Documents: Visit www.mnbrighterideas.com/financing/cee.cfm, or, call a dedicated toll-free number (855)-335-5835 and CEE will mail you an application.
- Return them by mail, fax or email to the address provided in the loan application package.
- Following approval of the loan, a check is mailed to the member, who then has 6 months after the loan closing to complete the installation.
- All loans are subject to random inspection to insure the work was completed.
Important Notes: CEE contracts with Community Reinvestment Fund (CRF) to service their loans. The loan is by CRF and is a contract between CRF and the Lake Country Power member. Lake Country Power members will receive statements directly from CRF. Lake Country Power is not, in any way, responsible for any loan being denied, the execution of the loan or the payments that are due to CRF.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).
For more information, please visit www.mnbrighterideas.com or call (855)-335-5835.